Move over zucchini pasta, let’s talk delicious, crispy zucchini fritters.
We call them zucchini pancakes. My weird daughter likes to put maple syrup on them. If you like that idea, go for it. But I like savory food, especially for dinner. I whipped together garlic aioli recipe that I use as a dipping agent for many recipes. It is the perfect creamy touch to dip the fritters in. Take note that I prefer sour cream or whole fat plain yogurt instead of mayo in the aioli recipe I just tagged. Whole yogurt has a lighter, more fresh taste than a mayo base.
Stack these babies up and have them as a side dish, main course, or an appetizer. I do suggest serving them hot while they are super crispy.
Don’t stop when you read you have to shred the zucchini..
Shredding the zucchini may seem daunting but it is ridiculously easy and a little bit fun. Get your cheese grater out and go at it. I raced my son in a zucchini shredding contest because I am an intelligent mom ;) It may take 2 minutes or less.. I added a random picture to make sure everyone know what this looks like…
Sweet. Here is the full recipe.
- 4-5 cups of shredded zucchini
- ⅔ cup of organic flour ( I use bob mills gluten free)
- 2 eggs. beat the crap out of them
- coconut oil
- ⅓ cup scallions
- set the shredded zucchini aside for a few minutes. I like to take a paper towel and try to get the liquid out if possible. you want them dry. But it is not a big deal. Sprinkle some salt on it and put it to the side. Salt helps sweat it out a bit.
- Beat your eggs.
- add the flour, eggs, pinch of pepper, pinch of garlic, and scallions in a large bowl. Mix and then add the zucchini.
- In the mean time, heat up your frying pan to medium high with your coconut oil in there. You want to make sure the pan is WELL COATED with the coocnut oil. Be liberal with it. Yes, these are fritters.
- After mixing the ingredients together, take a spoon a dallop about a heavy tablespoon of mix for each cake. Push them down a little bit so they are not balls. They are more like cakes.
- Cook on each side for about 2-3 minutes. When cooked, put on a paper towel. Serve with extra scallions on top.
xo, all the blondes! You guys, if you did not see the announcement on the facebook page we would like to congratulate our girl Rachel. She brought the most beautiful baby boy to the world! We love you.