It’s that time of the year again. The leaves are changing colors, the weather is getting cool, you may have even lit your first fire. So on your next visit to the grocery store pick up these simple ingredients. Among countless other benefits, ginger root is a powerful antioxidant and helps diminish bloating. In a recent 2015 study of 41 participants with type 2 diabetes, 2 grams of ginger powder per day lowered fasting blood sugar by 12%. (check out the study if you are interested) The orange gives a small dose of Vitamin C and it adds the perfect amount of sweetness—for serious Vitamin C boost add 1/2 teaspoon of one of BEC’s fav superfood Camu Camu—and last…… the cinnamon adds insane flavor and has all sorts of healing properties, anti-inflammatory being at the top of my list. For some reason cinnamon helps my clients diminish their sweet cravings. Yes you read that correct. It helps take away sugar cravings. I promise it’s worth a try.
- One slice orange (more if desired)
- One ⅛-1/4 inch Fresh Ginger (or a sprinkle of ground ginger)
- One Cinnamon Stick (or two sprinkles of ground cinnamon)
- 1½ cups Hot water
- Boil the water with your cinnamon stick and piece of ginger in it.
- Boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour in a cup, add your slice of orange.
- For a slightly sweeter tonic add a few extra slices of orange while boiling.
—Enjoy morning, noon, afternoon, night……or all day long….XOXO—