It has been FREEZING here so last night for dinner I wanted something comforting and hot but EASY to prepare (duh). So I stumbled upon this recipe for Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Soup on FoodieCrush. It is tasty and feels decadent but is loaded with healthy ingredients. I made a few tweaks that I listed below.
- I added a container of sliced baby bella mushrooms
- I added a stalk of lemongrass that I bruised and smashed before dropping into the pot
- I added green onions
- I only used one can of unsweetened coconut milk but added a little more chicken stock
- I skipped the bell pepper and added peas, carrots, and a bit of chopped greens
- I used brown rice noodles instead of rice
OK it seems like I made a lot of changes but I just worked with what I had! You should do the same. I will be eating on this alllll week (and into the snow storm I imagine)!