We say it all the time. We are busy! There’s no time for breakfast! My clients always tell me the only thing they have time for is a bowl of cereal. Granted, there are some pretty good cereal options out there. But they are still processed and not always organic. This is a new favorite of mine because it is soooooo easy and it is LOADED with nutrition and will keep you going the whole morning. Even try it for a lunch or a light dinner. If you want it to taste even better……whip up a batch of homemade almond milk. Just FYI, when I make my almond milk my ratio is 4 cups filtered water to one cup almonds and I add 2 dates in before straining to get a little sweetness.
- 1 organic apple
- 1 Tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tablespoon chopped raw walnuts
- ½ Tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1-2 tablespoons organic raisins
- 1-2 tablespoons organic white mulberries
- Toppings:Sprinkle of unsweetened coconut and chia
- Drizzle some local honey if desired (if you like a little more sweetness)
- ½-one cup nut milk (I use home made almond milk)
- Dice apple.
- Add all other ingredients except coconut, chia and honey.
- Pour milk.
- Add toppings.
- Eat and feel insanely awesome.
So is eating raw food better? There are so many benefits to eating raw foods. The number one is super quick meals with a ridiculous amounts of nutrients and enzymes for easy digestion. I’m pretty sure it’s hard to find raw Oreo’s, Ice-Cream, or Dorito’s. I’m trying out a summer raw cleanse and am in the midst of it so I’ll let you know how I felt when it’s over. I can say I have been 72 hours without a cup of coffee which is pretty much a living miracle and I only got a slight headache on day 1. Now on day three and am I loving this cleanse? No….but I do actually like it. Check out this article from Dr. Axe on the pro’s and con’s of eating raw.