Cheers! No, not that kind of toast (as in poppin’ bottles), but this kind is a (distant?) second!
When I am eating at home I am very much a creature of habit. The day begins with warm water, cayenne, lemon, turmeric, and ACV followed by some version of a green smoothie. Lunch is most often some sort of toast. I thought I would share a few of my favorites. None require a recipe but all are so satisfying and delicious!
1. Dave’s Killer Bread, chicken salad, and fresh sliced organic tomatoes (tis the season), topped with pink salt. Tiffany turned me onto DKB, it is so good and doesn’t have to be frozen so the texture is heavenly soft. And duh, it’s super good for you. I am on a major chicken salad kick. This is from Zoe’s Kitchen but please, make your own or try it from another spot. This combo just works, y’all.
2. Local seeded bread, more chicken salad (I am obsessed), more tomatoes, topped with tons of mayo free feta cole slaw.
3. Sesame Ezekiel Bread toasted with smashed avocado, poached eggs, shredded carrots, and cheddar cheese.
4. Sesame Ezekiel Bread with smashed avocado, scrambled eggs, green onions, and fresh spinach.
5. Plain Ezekiel Bread toasted with fresh local tomatoes and poached local eggs (this combo is especially SOOOO good).
I am always looking for inspiration so share with me any of your toast ideas!