The most creative recipe name ever… it’s just easy.
This bread is an alternative to our corn bread “go to” that my kids love to eat all day, every day. Our favorite breakfast is cornbread, beans and fried egg. Yeah, we like that Central American fare- It’s easy.
This plantain bread is delicious and very versatile. With only a few ingredients, it is perfect for all of you Paleo people out there. Personally, I like it with butter and honey drizzled on it. Some people may want to put almond or peanut butter on top. You get it, get creative.
I found a million recipes on Pinterest but they all seemed to be the same. Here is the one I followed by All Recipes.com.
NOW for Plantain Waffles. <— I will let you know! These will be so, so good. No question about it.
- 2 large plantains << mine were over ripened and so it turned out pretty sweet, which is fine with me>>
- 2 eggs. Remember, pasture raised is best
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt or more if you love salt
- add a tablespoon of honey to sweeten. Cinnamon to bring out the sweet... You can also use this mixture to fry up some pancakes! Just use this recipe for the batter and make just like you would a pancake...
- preheat over to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- add all ingredients to a food processor and blend
- spread the plantain batter into a rectangle, about ½ inch thick
- bake about 15 minutes and let cool
- If frying into pancakes, do as usual! Enjoy :)
Be nice everyone! It’s the right thing to do.