Okay. The summer is here. And yes, that usually means getting into a bathing suit.(I know…., I know….) Here is your one week program (or longer) to kickstart your summer body! It is a mix and match meal plan that is so easy and yummy you can’t say no. Follow it. See how you feel. You should shed some pounds, lose some fat, SAY GOOD-BYE TO CRAVINGS, and most important….FEEL AWESOME. I mean, your energy should be going through the roof after day 3 or 4. Eat and drink only what is on this list for optimal results. ALL MEALS ARE UNDER 5 MINUTES. You can’t beat that.
1) DRINK 8-10 CUPS OF WATER EVERY DAY. Minimum. And I mean every day. Guys, look at this picture below. Water is not just water anymore. It can taste different every time when you infuse it….not too mention infused water looks GORGEOUS! Start your day off with water.(before your coffee or tea) And if you are drinking coffee try to limit to one cup with NO ADDED SUGAR( and that means those yummy sweet creamers too–aka Coffee Mate, Simply Bliss). Just add a little coconut, almond, or organic whole milk for creaminess or even try it black. And tea is fine all day if it is organic and herbal but NOT a replacement for water. Check out these recipes to make drinking water easier. Also, use a straw. Sounds dumb but it works. I personally drink twice as much when I use a straw.
2) DRINK THIS FOR BREAKFAST. If you have a peanut allergy just swap out the peanut butter for almond, cashew or sun butter.
OR, IF YOU PREFER TO CHEW YOUR BREAKFAST EAT THIS SUPERFOOD OATMEAL. You can also swap out this oatmeal for lunch or dinner. Yes, even dinner. It’s quick and easy and satisfying.
3) EAT THIS DELICIOUS WATERMELON FETA SALAD FOR LUNCH. It will take you 5 minutes and watermelon is in season and super sweet and juicy!
OR THIS DELICIOUS AVOCADO TOAST. You can swap this out for breakfast or dinner too.
4) EAT THIS FOR A SNACK IF YOU GET HUNGRY. Either between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner. Slice an apple very thin and sprinkle with cinnamon. Or, if you are a salty person, buy some Organic Popcorn with sea salt and have up to four cups. We also like the brand Skinny Pop.
5) EAT THIS KALE SALAD FOR DINNER EVERYDAY. If you’re dying for a little extra something, grill a piece of wild caught salmon or some organic chicken. FYI:this will take you over the 5 minutes and bring you up to 10 minutes. Season fish or chicken with turmeric, cumin, red pepper, pink salt, pepper, cinnamon, and olive oil. Portion for meat or fish should be about the size of your palm. If you grill the chicken, make for 3 or 4 nights so you only have to grill twice. For the salmon, I recommend grilling every other day for best flavor. OR, swap this salad out for the avocado toast shown above.
DISCLAIMER: FOR THIS KALE SALAD TO BE UNDER 5 MINUTES BUY PRE-WASHED ORGANIC BABY KALE. NO CHOPPING OR RINSING REQUIRED.
6) DESSERT. I would try to limit to every other night or every third night if possible. Your sweet tooth will love this chocolate pudding. Try not to eat all of it.(this will be harder than you imagine. You can get mad at Rachel for that. She’s the evil one who found this recipe.) It makes four servings. If you must, have two servings. OR……take a cup of any organic berries and add some coconut milk, sprinkle cinnamon and drizzle honey for a treat.
This meal plan ranges from 1400-1800 calories per day depending on what size portion you eat. If you want less, just cut out the dessert. By the end of the week you should feel sooooo good. After these seven days, you will have NO processed foods, no added sugar and artificial sweeteners you should have: crazy amounts of energy, be able to focus and think more clearly, shed some weight, have clearer skin and just feel much better in every way. So grab that bathing suit and feel great about yourself!