You guys are killing it! We are so proud of each and every one of you! Soooo guys, you just completed a week focused on hydration! Congrats. This week, it’s all about greens! Why??? Because greens are POWERHOUSES. They are super nutrient dense and give us natural and sustainable energy. In America, most of us think about having greens as a side to our dinner or perhaps some iceberg lettuce on a sandwich. Well, I’m pretty sure you are like the BEC girls and require a lot of energy all day long and a side or two of greens at dinner just isn’t gonna cut it! We have simple, easy, and DELICIOUS ways to incorporate more greens into your day….everyday.
- Organic peanut butter with one ingredient, two at most
- Unsweetened Almond milk (we like SILK because it is non GMO)
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
- large container of organic spinach
- organic cinnamon
- ripe bananas –PEEL and slice in eight pieces and freeze in baggie.
- Cold pressed juice (link to suja)
- Organic baby kale
- Lemon juice
- Pink salt
- Pine nuts
- Raisins (organic if possible)
- Shaved parmesan or full fat feta in the brine
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small red onion
- fresh bunch of cilantro
- Organic corn tortilla chips
- Tomato if desired in guacamole
- Pick two of your favorite green veggies to have with dinner one night, day 12
- Choose a green veggie to roast
- Organic peanut butter is now very accessible. We have found peanut butters at major grocery stores including Walmart and Target. Look on the ingredient list for these two things: Peanuts, Salt. A lot of companies now have "creamy" peanut butter that does not allow the oil and butter to separate (which is TOTALLY natural)
- Make sure your bananas are pretty ripe. Almost OVER ripened. We see them on "managers special" at our local grocery stores and I know that we must jump on it and buy them all because frozen bananas in the BEC freezer must always be stocked.
- Lemon Juice: We love the organic Santa Cruz bottled lemon juice because it is MUCH easier. You will find yourself using this a lot!
- EVOO= extra virgin olive oil
- Pink salt has mineral content. A brand REAL SALT is great too. Sea salt is ok.
- Full fat feta in the brine is a game changer.
Day 10, Wednesday, January 14: Buy a Cold Pressed Green Juice (Suja is available at Target) // 12 minute Lift and tone booty routine with Tone it Up + 10 minute Fat Blasting circuit
Day 12, Friday, January 16: Have two greens with your dinner( tip for quick ideas): frozen organic peas with some grass fed butter and pink sea salt is my kids fav. Or, slices cucumber with some pink salt and balsamic or even a green pepper dipped in Annie’s Organic Ranch. // minute Arms and Abs workout with Tone it UP (need couch or chair and dumbbells) + 2 mile walk/run!
Day 13, Saturday, January 17: Make homemade guacamole! You may die. Tip: Please use organic corn tortilla chips to dip to stay away from GMO’s // 10 minute hips and butt with Blogilates + 1 minute jumping rope (no rope necessary, just do the motions! ) + 1 minute plank + 1 minute jumping rope again + 1 minute plank again
Day 14, Sunday, January 18: ROAST A GREEN VEGGIE!! Tip: Lightly cover any veggie in cold pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) and sprinkle with pink salt and your favorite spice. 10 minute tabata work out (NO JOKE) + 10-15 minute walk after lunch or dinner