Thanks to my friend Ted, blogger of Zensfans, for inspiring me to one up my oatmeal. I thought I was already killing it with my recipe……but this new one blows it away. Oatmeal……. can get boring, way too mushy, and absolutely colorless. Never again. I added some of my stand by superfoods that were sitting in my cabinet getting ready to be dumped in my Vitamix for smoothies. Now, they have a whole other meaning. Meet this superfood oatmeal, my new best friend.
Oddly enough, one of the best parts about this beauty is that it is not in a bowl. This is a huge 14 inch plate and helps me see all the goodies and get a scoop of my favorites in each and every bite. And just by the looks of it I feel like I am eating triple the portion I am in reality. This can be your breakfast, lunch, 3:00pm slump or even a dinner. It takes 2 minutes and 45 seconds in a microwave,(I know, I know, but I still use it) throw on your toppings (of course in the most loving way having them perfectly spread throughout) and enjoy life.
Superfood’s can be expensive. But if you look closely, I haven’t used much. This probably cost me between $2.00-$2.50 per serving. Lets face it, it doesn’t get much cheaper than that. You will feel full, ENERGIZED, and be soooooo happy.
- ½ cup organic oats (one cup if you are having for dinner or just want more)
- 1½ teaspoons organic dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon mulberries
- 1 tablespoon wild blueberries
- 1½ teaspoons unsweetened coconut and chia mix (I always have available in fridge)
- 1 tablespoon goji berries ( I normally hate but they taste great in here)
- 1½ teaspoons of crushed walnuts
- ¼ cup of organic raspberries (or berry of your choice)
- ½ cup unsweetened nut milk or organic whole milk
- local honey to taste
- cinnamon to taste
- Take oats and cover with water. Feel free to follow instructions on your oatmeal box. I microwave for 2 minutes and 45 seconds because I'm always in a rush. Stove top is always better if you have time (don't do as I do….avoid microwave if possible).
- Take out and add your nut milk or whole milk. (this part is super important or your oatmeal will not be creamy)
- Sprinkle all your delish toppings and drizzle with honey.
- Cherish every bite.
Yum Yum to all,