If Tiffany and Mary haven’t yet convinced you that the BEC Green Smoothie is THE BEST SMOOTHIE EVER then there is a chance you may be crazy. For the rest of us who know and love this bad boy, I have a few ways to make it pack even more punch without realllllllly changing the taste (too much).
1. Mix in a little water. I like my smoothie with a looser texture so I used to add extra coconut milk (my current non dairy milk of choice). Recently I starting using half coconut milk, half cold water and you cannot taste a difference. Love the texture, love using less milk, and obviously it contains less calories!
2. Throw in some seeds. I used to swallow a spoonful of chia seeds every morning then it got to the point where I would rather stay in bed all day then walk down the stairs and choke down chia seeds. Now I drop a tablespoon of the white or black variety into my smoothie (we love the seeds by Health Warrior). Chia can makes things “gelatinous” but this small amount doesn’t change the consistency and adds Omega-3s, protein and fiber. Flax seeds are also always in my smoothie; they’re cancer and disease fighting so why not?
3. Camu Camu Powder. Say what? I love throwing some of this fine powder in my green smoothie every day. It is full of immune boosting antioxidents and Vitamin C.
4. Cinnamon has so many benefits we should all be sprinkling it on everything all the time. To name a few it’s anti-inflammatory, contains antioxidants and multiple nutrients, and can even boost your mood!
5. Change up your green game. We know the usual green smoothie suspects…kale and spinach. But try mixing it up. Today I used a bag of romaine in mine and as usual, delicious. Try micro greens, beet greens, collards or dandelion greens (these last two can be bitter so maybe use a little less for your first attempts). Different greens give us different things, y’all!
6. Throw in a splash of Apple Cider Vinegar. Just a bit won’t alter the taste but you get loads of benefits such as lowering blood sugar, aiding in weight loss, and fighting bacteria!
Do you have any smoothie tips that you love? Hook us up and let us know!