Everyone knows what a hummus/dip/spread/pesto person I am. Below is a twist on my usual go-to to make it more festive for St. Patrick’s Day! Feel free (as usual) to play around with my recipe by adding other ingredients you love.
- 2 Cans of White Beans drained (any variation)
- 1 T Minced Garlic or One Clove
- ½ T Ground Cumin
- ½ T Onion Powder
- ½ T Roasted Ground Coriander
- Pink S&P to taste (I like a lot of both)
- 1 T EVOO
- ½ t red pepper flakes
- 1 Can Garbanzo Beans drained
- 2 Cups Greens (I used a blend of chard, arugula and spinach)
- Water to loosen mixture
- ½ T EVOO
- Blend ingredients down to the red pepper flakes in high power blender (WE LOVE OUR VITAMIX) until smooth. Pour this mixture into a bowl.
- Into the same blender (without cleaning out) add the garbanzo beans, greens, water, and salt and pepper.
- Gently mix in the green dip with the white dip (or add all the ingredients at once for a green dip that's delicious without the twist!)
Serve with Mary’s Gone Crackers, vegetable crudite, olives, peperoncini, and pita bread!
Hope everyone has a lucky week!