I LOVE HUMMUS. Literally any kind with any sort of dippers. If it is on a menu somewhere, I order it. If I have chick peas and tahini, I’m making it. For this recipe I added another favorite, spring onions. They add a mild kick to dishes without being too onion-y.
Sure there are tons of different brands to buy at the grocery store but why buy something prepackaged with often weird, gross ingredients when you could make your own and control exactly what is going into your body?! Did I mention this recipe takes about eight minutes total to prepare? Just do it.
- 2- 15 ounce cans of organic garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup of spring (green) onions
- 2T EVOO
- 1t tahini (I don't care for a lot of this sesame seed paste, add as much as you like)
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- About 10 shakes of hungarian paprika
- S&P to taste
- Drain garbanzo beans and throw into vitamix or powerful blender.
- Add all other ingredients, being careful not to add too much salt or siracha (you can add more later). Blend until smooth, adding water to get the consistency you prefer.
- Scoop into a serving container and serve with celery, cucumbers, pita chips, olives with lemons on the side.
If spring onions aren’t your style, play around with this recipe. Add garlic, more hot sauce, throw in some spinach, whatever. And then tell me what you did so I can make that next time!