I recently had the good fortune of traveling with my darling friend Jen. She’s the best because we love so many of the same things. Food, sauvignon blanc, our dogs, food, skinny margaritas, cooking, champagne, restaurants, our husbands (who also happen to be best friends), food and wine. We were sunning by the pool one day talking about hummus and she blew my mind with this idea for white bean dip. It’s like hummus with a twist!
- 2 cans of cannellini beans, drained
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- ¼ cup of water (add less if you want a thicker dip)
- 1T EVOO
- S&P to taste (I like a lot of both, try to use pink himalayan sea salt)
- Throw everything into your vitamix or powerful blender. Done!
Spread it on ezekiel bread in place of mayo, use as a dip for crudite & roasted veggies, or dip right in with toasted pita! I topped mine with some extra EVOO and parsley. It took about 5 minutes from start to finish and is super versatile. Add some hot sauce, garlic, cumin, and paprika if you like. Maybe some olives to give it a salty, lush flavor? Go crazy. Thanks Jen for this awesome protein packed snack!