I have a smoothie just about every single morning after my lemon water for breakfast. But sometimes I like to mix it up. These babies are so tasty, easy and versatile. You can literally do SO much with the recipe! Just tweak it to work for your family and throw in whatever you have.
- 1T EVOO
- 1 cup chopped zucchini and squash
- 2 cups chopped greens (I used spinach and a spring mix)
- 6 pasture raised eggs
- Splash of milk or dollop sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350
- Put the EVOO in a sauce pan.
- Add the veggies and S&P to taste. Sautee until zucchini is browned.
- Remove veggies from heat.
- In a bowl, beat eggs together with either milk or cream and a splash of water. I add extra S&P here. When the veggies have cooled add them to the egg mixture (if you add them too soon the eggs will scramble).
- Pour into greased or lined muffin tins.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until "set".
- Enjoy immediately!
These keep well in the fridge for a few days. I like to make a batch early in the week so my husband can grab one (or three!) each morning, heat in the microwave for less than thirty seconds, and be out the door.
Feel free to add cheese and keep in mind leftover roasted veggies are perfect for this recipe! Play with it and gobble them up. Kids love them too!