Recipe courtesy of Alaya Sexton, owner of Iron & Grace Fitness Lynchburg, VA
My fave nut butter:
Remember, I never measure, these are estimates but it is very forgiving and the amount of oil you add is always variable. These ratios have worked well for me but feel free to experiment with other nuts- from experience I can say coconut and mac nuts do NOT work.
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ c flaxseeds
- 2 T agave nectar or honey you could add more but don't skip it, it helps emulsify
- ½ tsp salt (or to your liking dependent on whether your nuts had salt)
- ¼- 3/4 cup oil, flaxseed, coconut (my fave) almond, peanut, if you use coconut oil melt it first because you need the liquid to make it blend-I am going to try roasted hazelnut oil next time
- Use your wet container and you'll need your tamper. Start low, dial it up and flip to high. It generally takes 1-2 minutes of blending.
Thanks Alaya, you ROCK!