Time to bathing suit shop. Sure, we all eat clean, exercise often, and live a healthy lifestyle but we are also human and tend to splurge and slow down in the winter. I am fortunate enough to have some water adjacent trips coming up so I began this year’s bathing suit search in February. Unfortunately, it was terrifying. Me, my stark white bathroom, my stark white body and a space heater just did not do the beautiful suits I had ordered any justice. So I promptly returned each one of them (all 22 of them but who’s counting).
When package number two arrived I had recently gotten a spray tan (not just to try on bathing suits, I swear), the weather outside had warmed up, and my head was in a much better place. And? Success! Here are some of my favorite suits to shop this season.
1. You know my obsession with Revolve. There is a revolve package on my doorstep literally every week because a.) the clothes are fabulous b.) the customer service is unmatched c.) the return policy makes life so easy. I love the print of this aztec number.
2. I wouldn’t consider bikinis investment pieces but when you find a good one, it will last several seasons which means less trying on each spring. Win! Melissa Odabash was put on my radar by my sister in law a few years ago and I love her suits. Also, you can order them on ShopBop who also has great customer service and easy returns.
3. When you just want to add to your bikini collection without breaking the bank yet give it tons of color, style, and patterns…I choose old faithful Victoria’s Secret. There are literally hundreds to choose form (that’s why I chose this picture) and you can mix and match. Returns are easy as well.
4. I love shopping locally when possible and Punch Boutique in Roanoke is one of my favorite shops (not to mention I have a great friend who works there and she’s an AMAZING stylist!). Lucky for everyone, you can shop Punch online. They carry some fabulous brands like this Mara Hoffman number and another favorite of mine, Milly.
5. Another super inexpensive but trendy suit shopping destination? Target, y’all. Similar to Victoria’s Secret they have tons of mix and match bikini pieces but also adorable one pieces, cover ups, and flip flops. How sweet/hot is this one and less than $50!
6. At some point during your lake/pool/back yard sunbathing experience…you’re going to need to cover up and go make a smoothie (cocktail). My favorite place for cover ups that take you from the beach to the bar is Show Me Your Mumu. I love all of their site but their cover ups are especially versatile.
7. None of us are getting any younger so obvi it goes without saying to amp up on the SPF anytime you’re outside, but especially for long periods of time. I also NEVER go out in the sun without a hat. Like, ever. I love San Diego Hat Company for ‘throw in your bag or your suitcase’ hats. I also love that you can get them on amazon.
Am I missing any brands or sites that you love? Share with us. Enjoy the sun safely this spring and summer…we want you around and looking beautiful for a long time to come!