So I get that it’s finally Spring and instead of warm, soothing, milky drinks you’re probably already craving fruity, iced, umbrella topped cocktails. But this drink is so delicious, I like to drink it before I go to bed and it sometimes serves as my dessert year around!
Cardamom is one of my favorite spices. It tastes exotic and has a hint of spice. It is also loaded with health benefits. It’s great for digestion, detoxifying your kidneys, fighting depression, and it is loaded with antioxidants. You can read more about the health benefits of cardamom here. Combined over heat with unsweetened coconut milk, raw honey, coconut sugar, cinnamon and a pinch of pink salt…it is heavenly and zaps your sweet craving.
- 1½ c. unsweetened organic coconut milk (or whatever milk you prefer)
- 2 tsp organic raw honey
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 12 heavy shakes organic cardamom
- 2 heavy shakes organic cinnamon
- 1 pinch of pink himalayan sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and stir occasionally until it almost boils. Pour into your favorite mug and sip slowly. Enjoy!
Like all of my “recipes” it is super simple, fast and delicious. Tweak it if you like, but it is so good the way I make it, you may never change the recipe!