So I am a HUMMUS freak and always feel pretty good about choosing hummus with raw veggies or pita as a snack. It’s protein packed, has a lot of fiber, is delicious and is pretty clean. Well Food Babe has dashed by dreams! Read about the scary facts and ingredients about store bought hummus here. So today I looked over Food Babe’s homemade hummus recipe and decided to make my own version.
- 2 cans of white beans (I used what I had and did not have organic, use organic when you can)
- 1 can of chick peas
- 2 lemons (roughly peeled, I added a little bit of the rind for nutrients and flavor)
- LOTS of sea salt and pepper
- 1 TSP Tahini
- 1 TSP minced garlic or one garlic clove
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 2 T Chives
- Blend in Vitamix or powerful blender. When you reach the texture you want, taste and add whatever else you think it's missing. Maybe more salt? Pepper? Throw in some cayenne? Enjoy with veggies, pita, as a sandwich spread, however you like!
So EASY. I am a convert for sure! It is delicious, made a ton of hummus, and is super healthy.