Another pumpkin infused blog…
You know you love it ;) I saw this recipe on Facebook yesterday by Clean Food Crush <<check her out, super stuff over there>> and happen to have everything on hand. I usually pick up as many cans of organic pumpkin at the store this time of year because let’s be real.. pancakes, smoothies, muffins, cake, lattes, creamer, pretty much everything… is better with pumpkin. We usually burn through the craze with in the month but as of now, we are going strong.
Keep in mind that most of those pumpkin infused treats on the shelf can weigh heavy on us, literally. Check your labels and sugar content! It may blow your mind.
On the other hand…
Pumpkin in its most natural form IS a great source of dietary fiber,antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. It is said to slow digestion (fiber) and has beneficial properties for skin and nails. So feel good about adding it to your favorite foods!
You may want to double this recipe. It is oo-ey goo-ey fall in a muffin. Enjoy.
Thanks Clean Food Crush!
- 2 large beaten eggs (room temp)
- 2 cups of Almond Butter
- ½ cup of maple syrup or raw honey
- 1.5 cups of pumpkin puree
- 6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup of cocoa nibs or dark chocolate chips
- bake for 25-30 mins on 350 degrees. Check with a toothpick. They should be VERY moist(( flourless muffins)) Enjoy!