I can’t believe I have not posted this yet… this salad is amazing.
Kale can be tough, literally. The reason why this version of the kale salad is so delicious because it is marinated in a light dressing, mixed with parmesan, and a hint of sweet with raisins. Make triple the batch and eat it for two days! This is the only salad I have ever kept the next day and tastes better.. I am also addicted to having it for breakfast under a fried egg. So versatile!
We have seen many different versions of this salad out there but Food Babe has been the best thus far. She calls is the “melt in your mouth kale salad” for good reason.
- 1 bunch of lacinato or dinosaur kale, stems removed, rinsed and patted dry
- ⅓ cup currants (or chopped raisins)
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp local honey
- ½ cup pine nuts toasted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp grated raw parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, process kale into small chopped pieces
- To make dressing, stir lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper together in a large bowl
- Add chopped kale, currants, pine nuts and parmesan to bowl with dressing
- Stir all ingredients together and serve
- (Optional - Save some pine nuts and/or parmesan cheese for top of salad before serving for presentation purposes)
Let me know what you think!