Hanging out with TED was a treat. (like eating an ooey, gooey, fresh baked chocolate chip cookie without the calories and sugar!) This guy lives and breathes a healthy lifestyle. I felt honored and energized to get to spend some time together. This will be the first of a three-part series with TED. STAY TUNED. BE EXCITED. Today, he will introduce us to his favorite breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack! Ted’s Energizing Green Drink. He makes it everyday for himself and his beautiful daughter and wife too. TED believes in nourishing the body and soul. I LOVE this guy. My hope is that everyone can find the “TED” in their life.
- Ginger, thumb length portion (PEEL YOUR GINGER)
- Turmeric, thumb length portion
- 2 cups of coconut water
- 1 head of romaine
- 1 handful of baby kale
- ½-1 whole cucumber
- 4 or 5 stalks of celery
- 1 cored apple (NO SEEDS)
- 1-2 lemons(just the juice)
- 2-3 frozen ripe bananas
- For extra credit, consider adding…chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, maca, spirulina or any other superfood.
- Take ginger, turmeric, and one cup coconut water and mix in blender. Then add romaine, kale, cucumber, celery, apple, lemon, and another cup coconut water and blend. Add frozen bananas and blend and serve immediately. Drink. Enjoy. Rock on with your bad self:)
- Warning: This recipe is enough to fill a Vitamix. I like to make a lot…I drink a full glass as soon as I’m done blending, fill two blender bottles (one for me, one for the wifey) and fill a kids cup for my 4 year old daughter, yes, she drinks them too. I take pride in nourishing my family. Hope you’ll soon be nourished as well.
BEC can be your “TED.” Happily.