I love this salad because it has the perfect combination of salty and sweet. Not to mention it will taste like you slaved…. but in reality it takes about two minutes. So this weekend—-when everyone else is bringing chips and canned dip, good ole country fried chicken, greasy burgers, and ice pops (loaded with more red and blue dye than I like to eat in a lifetime wrapped in one 12 inch piece of plastic) to the end of summer barbecue–you’ll show up with this gorgeous salad that is nutrient dense, filled with natural color, hydrating AND tastes insane. As Mary (kitty) would say….you will ooooohhhh the crowd with this one.
- one box arugula
- ¼ watermelon
- ½ cup organic crushed walnuts
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- Dressing: (Simple Blonde Dressing)
- 3 parts EVOO
- 1 part organic lemon juice
- drizzle of honey to taste
- sprinkle of REAL salt
- Dump arugula in a bowl. Lightly cover in dressing. Top with walnuts, feta, and watermelon.