Now that Rachel has stocked our pantry and our freezer I would like to reintroduce one our favorite convenient shopping options, Relay Foods. Relay Foods is an online shopping resource that makes shopping easy, fun, and sustainable. Because I try to shop local, I tend to shop around town for different items. Many times life becomes hectic and I am not able to get a hold of all of my favorite items I would like for the week. I know that I can get in bed at night and browse on Retail Relay to get all of the items I need plus more..
We aim to make our customers proud to shop with Relay.
We’re here to provide the very best grocery shopping experience — not just best online — best. Period.
And we know that means different things to different people. For some, it means not having to drive across town to the grocery store. For others, it’s about eating healthy and staying educated about where your food comes from and how it’s made. Or maybe it’s about saving time so you can spend it doing the things you love with the people you care about.
We’re passionate about empowering you to live your ideal food life. Know that we’re listening to you, and ever moving towards that beautiful, sunny island of grocery shopping perfection.
We want to enrich the communities we live and work in.
When you shop with Relay, you support your local food economy. We partner directly with our local producers, so there’s no middle man getting a cut — just higher profits for the people making your food, which allows them to maintain high standards for their practices.
When you use a Relay pick up site, you help reduce carbon emissions, traffic, and traffic accidents in your area. You can tell your friends you’re saving the environment AND lives at the same time! That’s a lot to feel good about!
My favorite addition to Retail Relay are their delicious MEAL PLANNING OPTIONS. Yes, you can browse their meal planning options by category (vegetarian, paleo, local, gluten free, budget friendly, etc.) , click on the meal you would like and all of the ingredients fall into your cart. Before everything goes in your cart they allow you to browse different brands and pick what best suits your needs. You can pick organic vs. non organic options, local, etc. You may also skip over ingredients if you happen to have these in your pantry already.
Intrigued? TRY IT! Seriously, you will be SO happy!
If you are a new customer click here to receive $30 off your first order of $50 or more<<that’s a freakin’ deal!!>>. You may also click on the coupon on the side icon of our page! Be sure to tell them Blondes Eat Clean sent you :)
Relay’s Thai Peanut Chicken recipes is to die for. I love the many recipes on their site that push me to try different spices and exotic ingredients that may be hard to find. I tend to find these types of recipes but have to travel around town to complete my grocery list:
- ½ can coconut milk
- ½ cup red curry paste
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into thin strips or chicken drumsticks
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together coconut milk, red curry paste, peanut butter, salt, white vinegar, grated ginger, minced garlic, and chopped cilantro.
- If using chicken breast: cut into thin strips and remove any unwanted fat. Place the chicken breast strips in the large mixing bowl, and cover with the sauce to marinade for about 1 hour, longer if time is available. If using chicken drumsticks simply add to the mixing bowl, cover and let marinade for at least 1 hour.
- If using chicken breast: in a medium-sized skillet, over medium heat, add chicken with the marinade and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5-8 minutes. Serve over rice and enjoy.
- If using drumsticks: cook on the grill over medium heat, basting and turning as needed to evenly cook and crisp up chicken skin.
- Leftover Suggestions
- Remove any leftover chicken from the bone and add to African Peanut Stew.