This isn’t a very seasonal dish like I usually focus on (especially in the summer!) but I had all the ingredients in my kitchen and felt inspired to throw them all together. And? Success.
Clean Pumpkin Treat
Author: Blondes Eat Clean
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¼ of a can of organic pumpkin puree (I also intend to try pureed/vitamixed fresh fruit. Think: strawberries, blueberries, mango, raspberries, etc...Ohhhh even kiwi!)
- 3T local honey (or less depending on your sweet tooth)
- 3 shakes of pumpkin pie seasoning or cinnamon
- A small handful of mixed toasted nuts (whatever you have, I used almonds, pecans and macadamia nuts)
- About ⅓ cup of full fat vanilla or plain greek yogurt
- Optional: fresh chopped mint
- Scoop the pumpkin puree (it’s pretty thick but very soft) into a bowl. On top pour local honey (I like sweet so I probably used too much, just add to taste). Top with three-five heavy sprinkles of pumpkin pie seasoning or cinnamon and the toasted nuts. Finish with a scoop of yogurt and swirl it all together!
It was so creamy and tasty. Nutty and crunchy but silky and sweet. Tons of fiber and easy on my stomach. What are some other “desserts” you have given a healthy, clean twist?