Ahhhhhhhh, Fall is in the air (finally)! It’s my favorite season for so many reasons…sweaters, boots, pumpkins piling up on my front porch, chili in the crockpot, football games, cooler temperatures…
Even though you can get organic, canned pumpkin year around, it just sort of makes sense this time of year. It’s such a versatile, healthy, clean ingredient that is easy to come by, easy to use, and delish.
If you need more convincing, check out this article on one of my favorite sites Mind Body Green and you’ll learn pumpkin is packed with Vitamin C and fiber, carotids to help prevent aging (yeah!), magnesium, potassium, zinc…and so much more!
Instead of listing some of my favorite ways to use pumpkin (one is right here if you want to check it out), I decided to share some awesome links that give you HUNDREDS of uses for this orange nutritional powerhouse. Enjoy!
1. Huffington Post tells you all the things you can do with one can of pumpkin
2. Greatist shares a variety of uses for pumpkin, including a cocktail (#winning)
3. Prevention gives some really different recipes such as pumpkin hummus, you know I will be trying this
4. Eating Well wants you to make a pumpkin burger, among many other options!
5. I LOVE Chocolate Covered Katie and can’t wait to try her Pumpkin Spice Latte