I could not get a picture like this so I had to ask my girls over at Full Belly Sisters permission to use their image because it is what sold my fiance on trying this masterpiece. I know that my meat eating friends may chuckle at the idea of having cauliflower replace meat but there is a reason it is trending this year; IT IS GOOD. The consistency is on point and this particular recipe is to die for. We tossed the kid’s “meat” in BBQ sauce so we could use our favorite Frank’s Red Hot as the buffalo sauce. Mackin (fiance) has mastered the buffalo chicken sandwich so I know deep down he had reservations on how this would turn out. My friends, this is by far one of our new favorite recipes and will make it’s round in our bi-weekly menu. As in depth and beautiful as the picture shows.. this recipe is surprisingly simple. We used a bit of ranch dressing and local feta in place of the Full Belly Sister’s recommendation (it looks insanely delicious) Yogurt Gorgonzola Dressing only because we did not have those ingredients on hand. I had to use gluten free bread with my daughter and we ended up eating it open face style because I am weird about sandwiches. The boys ate it with a local bun and went nuts over it. I know Mackin thought he was going to eat two or three sandwiches because it was cauliflower but we were all unusually full after the meal; meaning YES it is more than satisfying! We added lettuce and tomato because we are up to our ears in both right now. Thank you Full Belly Sisters for ANOTHER amazing recipe. You have yet to fail us and we look forward to making more of your recipes! Check them out, ya’ll. We picked up another Blondes Eat Clean recommended site :)
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- a couple teaspoons of olive oil
- ⅓ cup Buffalo Sauce
- slider buns
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 stalk celery, julienned
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Yogurt Gorgonzola Dressing
- additional crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss the cauliflower florets with some olive oil and spread on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Roast the cauliflower for about 30 minutes, flipping the veggies halfway through cooking.
- In the meantime, warm the Buffalo sauce in a saucepan.
- Once the cauliflower is done roasting, toss it in the Buffalo sauce until the cauliflower is fully coated. Then assemble the sandwiches:
- open up your slider buns;
- put a heaping teaspoon of my protein-packed Yogurt Gorgonzola Dressing on the inside of the bun. (If you haven't tried this dressing, you've been missing out! It's packed with protein, and so yummy!);
- top with the buffalo cauliflower, some julienned carrots and celery, Gorgonzola crumbles, and chopped scallions