I LOVE eggs. And avocado. And pink salt. So this super easy “recipe” is the perfect healthy, filling lunch for me several days a week when I’m home. As usual my method and end result are easy and delish.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 pasture raised eggs, preferably local
- Fresh herbs of your choice (I had scallions and dill)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut ripe avocado in half, remove pit, and place in a small baking dish. I like to cut the stem off completely so I don't accidentally take a bite.
- Carefully crack one egg over one half of the avocado. Slowly pour into the "avocado cup" until the yolk is sitting on top. Some "white" may run off into your dish, no problem!
- Repeat with second half of avocado.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes, depending on your preferred doneness. I like my yolk runny, but just make sure the white is thoroughly cooked.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, salt and pepper and a little cheese if you like.
I was skeptical of this at first because I wasn’t sure I would like “hot” avocado but surprise! I do! And I bet you will too.
Avocado is an awesome healthy fat but if you are trying to eat less fat, just use one egg and half of the avocado. This dish is great for your skin and hair, full of protein and will fill you up until dinner time!