Okay, so I was in California for The Natural Products Expo West Convention, the craziest and biggest Nutrition Expo in the world! The show was amazing and after hours and hours of walking the aisles it came to a bittersweet end. We were exhausted from tasting about 100 protein bars, 25 types of water, every organic tortilla chip ever created, more dark chocolate than any human should consume in a day and EVERY other new product ready to hit the market. One of my personal favorites of the entire show was Capello’s Gluten Free Pizza. A new MUST in your(my) life….so good you don’t even need to be gluten intolerant to love it!
So the show was over and now we had a day or two to check out the shopping. Mary wouldn’t stop for anything, but me…..I actually went broke in Free People (my other addiction) so I decided to chill out with my last few dollars and get some food. I ventured off to an outdoor cafe with comfy cushions and sat back and pretended I was a local—-(one day I will be a local)—– The restaurant is Le Pain Quotidian and believe it or not it’s a chain! Of course not in my little town of Lynchburg, Virginia, but many of you might be lucky enough to live near one so go now.
As I sat back and enjoyed a killer 70 degree day, I ordered lunch. Without thinking too hard I chose the chick pea soup and avocado toast. My feet were happy, the water was ice-cold and refreshing, the people watching was perfect and I’m in Manhattan Beach chilling out so life was good. And then…..it got sooooo much better……my meal came. Are you kidding me with these flavors? I was containing myself not to squeal out loud. I think I actually was groaning while I munched. Literally, I couldn’t have been happier. I ate, and ate, and ate.
So I haven’t ventured to recreate the chick pea soup yet but the avocado toast is going hard around here. This is all it is. Five minutes and you’re done. The only thing I did add was the feta cheese because there isn’t much in life that feta doesn’t make even more delish and some chopped cilantro…..just because.
- ½-1 avocado
- 4 organic grape tomatoes
- 1 organic Scallion Stalk
- ½ teaspoon chia or hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon orange infused extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon feta
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- ½ cup radish micro greens (optional, but worthwhile)
- Pink salt and pepper to taste
- Orange rind to taste
- 2 slices of organic bread (I prefer pumpernickel)
- Sprinkle of cumin if desired
- Take half or full avocado and smooth onto two pieces of toast.
- Sprinkle with pink salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice tomatoes in half and add to toast.
- Thinly slice scallion and add.
- Sprinkle with hemp or chia seeds.
- Top with feta cheese, micro greens, olive oil, and orange rind.
- Sprinkle with a touch of cumin if desired.
Enjoy my friends, XO,