The Holidays are among us and that means lots of parties to attend! If you are like me then you probably spend days trying to figure out what clean dish you can bring to your party. Now there is nothing wrong with Hummus or Guac but those are clean food staples and chances are someone is going to bring those already! So thats when I came up with this DELICIOUS Artichoke dip! I’ve tried clean Artichoke dips before with vegenaise and coconut milk but It just didn’t hit the spot. This one will light up your taste buds like nothing else.
- 2 12oz bags of Frozen Spinach
- 12oz bag of frozen Artichokes (you could used can or fresh if you'd like)
- 2 cups whole RAW cashews rinsed in cold water
- 1 yellow onion
- ½ tablespoon Garlic Powder
- ½ tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon sriracha Sauce (or more if you dare)
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Cheyenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite Sea salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- The juice of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- First we need to make the cashew cream! This will be the base of the Dip. You will need to soak the cashews in water for minimum of 2 hours. I did 5 hours and the cream was a great consistency. Drain the water and blend the cashews with a hand blender until the consistency resembles the texture of ricotta. (If you have a Vitamix or food processor those would probably work well too)
- Dice your onion, thaw and drain the Spinach, and chop the Artichokes.
- Add all your ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Place in an oven safe dish and bake for 10-15 mins or until warm in the center.
Serve with your favorite veggies and voila!!!! You have a clean vegan dip to take to your next Holiday party! No one will even notice that its Dairy and egg free!
Alydia is a super talented trainer at the Blondes’ favorite gym Iron & Grace. Check out her TRX and Kettlebell classes plus private personal training. We love you Alydia! Read more about her here. xoxo